Wednesday, April 8, 2009

There Must Be Some Crack in That Chicken

To get right into it, there are some things that just infuriate me. One of these things being when people call 911 for no reason. I see these stories every now and again, one such story came about a month ago when a woman called the emergency line because McDonald's was out of McNuggets. After she ordered and paid she was informed there were no McNuggets, and was then offered another meal. She was told all sales were final and could not get a refund, and darn it, she didn't want anything other than those McNuggets. I guess, maybe (not really), I can understand her calling once and having the purpose of 911 explained to her, but she called 3 times! What does it take for you to realize a your $3.50 McNuggets aren't classified as an emergency? I wish I could say this were an isolated incident, but yesterday a woman called because her shrimp fried rice didn't have enough shrimp. She should be happy, she at least got what she ordered. But as she said about the chef "He didn't even put extra shrimp in there", and as we all know, that is simply unacceptable and one must involve law enforcement.
There was something that made me quite happy today, and it comes from my love of sport. Today I sat down and watched the PGA's Master's par-3 challenge. I love to watch sporting events like this. For those of you who don't know, the par-3 challenge is always played the day before the years first PGA major starts. The reason I love this event, maybe more so than the actual tournament, is because it shows me how great of a sport golf really is. Many of the players have their kids playing with them, and there are always old school greats that join in. It just show that if you love to play golf you can play it for the rest of your life, and you can share it with everyone around you as a great way to bond.

Question of the Blog: How far would you go to get you some McNuggets?

McNuggets 911:
http://tinyurl.com/b299gj

Shrimp 911:
http://tinyurl.com/c8pljk

No comments: